Last week Friends of Allensworth Statewide President Thomas Stratton was elected to the board of the California League of Park Associations (CALPA) during the league’s 2011 conference in Mendocino, California.
The League, formed in 1983, is a volunteer group that provides support to Cooperating Associations affiliated with specific parks in the California State Park System. The League is divided into six regions serving the San Diego, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara/Monterey, San Francisco Bay, Inland (Sacramento) and Northern (Red Bluff north) areas.
The League provides support to Cooperating Association by:
• Arranging workshops, conferences and providing a free resource library for members
• Being an advocate for California State Parks
• Recognizing excellence within the family of Cooperating Associations
• Transmitting information between California State Parks, Cooperating Associations and other related Park Organizations
• Furthering the common interests of Parks Associations and members
President Stratton congratulations on being elected to the board of the California League of Park Associations.
Stephen Hill, Sr.